Wednesday, September 5, 2012

An ode to Boo

Bittersweet...is my Boo

That night.
Before this, her socks were laid out.
Folded, and set upon the pile of an unworn future.

I was waiting for the sun to rise and flout
Her new dawn.
In the pitt of my belly, a caressing stab of nausea.

She rose, from her bed, her heavenly smile
and full-fat cheeks bright...
With Excitement.
She finally joins the great fight.

Her new round shoes sit; leather polished, clean and tight,
Stare up at us, waiting, taunting my heart in their new smite.

Sweet are the plaits that adorn her face,
The pack that clings to her back.

And this race,
That we're in.
To enter the system,
Of which there is no escape...

In my mind,
And in truth.

The road that we all travel begins over again.

And today it is my own that will walk it.

Not me.

Anymore.

Bittersweet is this moment that scratches my heart,

And leaves me behind to heal.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home